How do I sign up to Group Sessions (ONLINE)?
Please follow these steps:
- Choose your nearest country
- Select an appropriate timezone, day and a time that suits where you are in the world
- Add the class to the cart
- Add more classes if required
- Review the Cart contents
- At the Checkout select a payment method
- Complete the enrolment form
- You’ll receive confirmation of your purchase and an email with online class links and member resources
How do I sign up to Local Classes (In-Person)?
Please follow these steps:
What age can my child join?
- We accept young singers from the any time after their 4th birthday. We have previously experienced singers as young as 3 however have found they are often too tired, distracted or not fully able to engaged in our sessions.
- We accept singers as old as 16 in our Online program. After that, we welcome them to sign up to our Individual Vocal Confidence sessions or our Choirs4Adults group if they wish to continue.
What are your payment options?
- Monthly and Block Subscriptions – payment is made automatically. Our subscription service takes a pro-rata payment when you join and then a full payment monthly ongoing on the last day of each month.
- Block subscription payments (coming soon) allow you to purchase 3/6/12 months in advance
- Payment is made for the term via our website. Payment is pro-rata depending on the number of weeks remaining.
- Yes you can cancel at any time! And you will continue to have access to the site up to the end date for the cancelled subscription.
- We have partnered with Stripe, a world leading payment processing platform. All credit card information is sent to, and held securely by Stripe and is not stored by Choirs4Kids.
what are the benefits of a subscription?
- set and forget payment
- cancel anytime
- one friend pass per month
- access to new material at a lower cost
- discount on individual sessions
- lower cost per month
- our preferred option
- sibling discounts
why are most of your classes online?
Our online program is now a major part of what we do at Choirs4Kids. Being online means :
- we are able to reach more singers in areas that we aren’t able to get to before
- we are able to run more classes as we’re not travelling to venues
- your child can sing even if they are too unwell to attend a class, or if you are going away on holiday
- your child can bring their toys to class, can bring their siblings and bring their pets too (so much fun)!
- your child can be free with their voice and build their confidence in familiar surroundings
- means YOU can relax and enjoy some free time!
what do we need to join the online sessions?
- Our weekly singing classes are live on Zoom (you can download zoom from https://zoom.us if you wish)
- A Zoom link, which we will send you once you have enrolled in a class.
- Access to a space that is clear of trip hazards, family pets, other siblings and food. All of these things cause distraction and unwanted noise for others in the class.
- Access to a computer or ipad with ‘home internet’ for the best experience.
- A set of headphones/earphones for clarity are recommended for older students.
- For the best experience (no video delays) it is recommended that other people in the house refrain from watching online TV (Netflix), PC downloads or heavy internet usage etc.
- Please note that other activities taking place in your house at the same time may be seen/heard!
- Please note lessons will be recorded.
how do the students sing together Online?
They don’t sing together all the time due to internet latency. To reduce the chances of audio and video delays :
- We sing together muted and un-muted in our Online sessions.
- We provide opportunities for the students to sing solo and demonstrate parts of their learning.
- We also have fun and try the singing together ‘un-muted’ for some suitable songs. However – the technology to allow us to sing together at the same time doesn’t exsist yet and so most of our singing is whilst the students are ‘muted’.
- It is quite easy to tell if they kids are singing the right song even when they are muted and we check in often to ask them to share their singing with us.
what happens if we miss a session?
- All of our online sessions are recorded and posted into our members-only portal so that you may watch at your leisure after our sessions. This means your child doesn’t miss out and can watch the class again and again!
- You are welcome to contact us in advance if you know you are going to miss a lesson and we can offer you a make up session in another class (subject to availability)
- If you miss an In-Person class, you are welcome to join us for an online session (subject to availability)
what is your refund policy?
- The cost of our online programs has been set at a low price point to make it available to as many people as possible. We know the last 2 years have been difficult for many.
- Our refund policy is to provide a full refund if a refund is requested BEFORE the first class of the month.
- All other refund requests will be considered, and an amount refunded, at our discretion.
- We offer a money back guarantee with our In-Person classes. This means that if your child is not enjoying the classes you may request a refund of any un-used classes.
- This offer is valid during the first 3 weeks of term and for your first term only.
can i join at any time?
- Yes you may join even after the month has started as we always recap our learning and learn something new every session.
- All the resources in the member’s portal are kept there for one month so that you can access them throughout the month and catch up on what you may have missed.
do you offer a free trial?
- Yes! At the moment we are offering a Free Trial Session to all new clients.
- After registering here Trial Class, you’ll get access to one of our sessions so that you can experience what a class is like.
- Yes we offer a trial class for our In-Person classes (subject to availability).
We request a Gold-Coin Donation which goes to https://kidshelpline.com.au/. We are firm believers that singing helps mental health.
do you offer special rates for siblings?
Yes, there are discounts for siblings when paying for online subscription.
- 10% off for two children from the same family
- 15% off for three children attending from the same family.
- If your situation is different from this then please Contact Us to discuss.
what experience do you have?
- You are welcome to read all about me on the About page, however, in brief, I have 20+ years as a music educator and I’ve been running my own business for the past 7 years….and I LOVE IT.
- The online part of the program has now been running over 3 years!
- I have been running In-Person choirs for what seems like a life-time and I love that too!
- For us, it is about connection for these students first and foremost. For that – I have bundles of experience.
- I also continue learning myself and have over the past 12 months have completed my Estill training Levels 1 and 2, and graduated from the Embodima training.
- I have also attended numerous vocal trainings all over the globe thanks to our new virtual world!
will it help my child be happy?
- I really hope it will!
- Our experience so far with the Online classes have shown that the students are really engaged, loving the connection and having lots of fun. Read some testimonials on google or facebook.
- Our many years of experience with ‘In-Person’ classes have shown that children love to share what they can do, but they sometimes need gentle encouragement to do that.
can we all join in?
- You are welcome to book your other children in to our singing program (between the ages of 4 and 15). We have many families who join together and we offer a discount for those on subscription.
- We request that you, parent/guardian or older child, leave your child to sing with us without you on screen. You are more than welcome to sing but by staying off screen it allows us the best opportunity to help build the confidence of our singers. Many young people who join have less confidence when they feel like they are being watched.
- We request that you leave your child to sing with us, without you. We have years of experience helping young people feel more confident however many young people who join have less confidence when they feel like they are being watched.
- We do understand that you want to suss us out though, so you are welcome to join in for the trial class.
What about internet safety?
We make sure that we cover all asepcts of internet safety as best we can. We really hope that these aspects help you understand how seriously we take it:
- Members only access to our sessions (password protected)
- Members only access to resources (within your specific session)
- Checking of names in waiting room of zoom – only allowing entry with correct name
- Attendees video must be on and/or child must be able to communicate and sing to us during each session
- Recording of our sessions are not permitted by anyone other than ourselves, with your permission and for our safety
- Attendees may use avatars only with prior agreement and when the attendee is able to join in verbally with the session
- Follow up of missed lessons due to access to our resources when not attending the sessions
- Holding a valid Working with Children Check (WA)
- ChildSafe policy